- You do not have to disclose any personal information. You may use only your first name and
- Have your first face-to-face contact in a well-lighted, public location.
- Keep a cell phone with you.
- Ensure that a family member or friend knows when you are carpooling.
- If you are the passenger, record the make/model of the car you will ride in, the driver’s license information and the license plate number. If you are a driver record the passenger’s personal information. Give these details to a family member or friend.
- Don’t carpool to/from dangerous or sparsely population areas.